Tuesday, March 01, 2005

One of those days

Today has been one of those days where I have a lot to do and utterly lack the focus to do it. Tomorrow I have a final in my AT 211 Simulator class which I expect to be extremely difficult and a midterm/final for my AT 254 Commercial Lectures class (the midterm is a full practice FAA exam, which will be the final) and for some unknown reason; I just can't keep my attention on any of it. Instead I find myself in a deep, contemplative mood; fully content to sit and stare off into space pondering, well, stuff (I'm so articulate ;) ). To be slightly more accurate, there have been quite a number of topics worth pondering lately, but the majority of them are too, shall we say, personal to comment on in this context (especially considering that one can never know who is going to read this). Issues like growth, purpose, direction, motives, and, as always, Venusians. So I find myself in one of those situations where I'd love to go hang out with people or just sit here and think, but I know that I can't because I have work to get done that's not getting done. If any of you have tips on how to focus in situations like this, let me know.

In other news, Shane got back yesterday and I got to see him for about 45 minutes before the JVAG meeting. Right before he left, I (at his insistence) set up a casual date with Kathy wherein the plan was for him to go in my place and surprise her. We actually called Amy first, but she couldn't be torn away from the paper she was writing, so it's my understanding that Shane and Kathy went over to see her later. When I ran into Kathy this morning, she said that she wasn't all that surprised because she knew that he was getting back this weekend, but that Ruth was very surprised to see him. I tried calling Shane to get him to tell me how it went from his perspective, but he never called me back (the bum).

Alas, today is the last day of FebruHairy, the longstanding tradition of Cary Cru guys to not shave for the month of February (the tradition is spreading to other dorms, but it is originally a Cary thing). Kind of sad really, it's been a lot of fun (especially when people I rarely, if ever, talk to tell me my Facebook picture featuring the beard is scary). As I was walking from the airport to Earhart after work tonight, there was a strong wind coming from directly to my left, and it was a unique and actually kind of cool feeling experience to feel the wind rustling through my beard. I'll probably cut it off before bed tonight and hopefully convince John to give me a haircut sometime tomorrow afternoon before the Cary/Windsor dinner.

For my final order of business tonight, I think I'm actually going to open this blog to the public. I don't know how long I will have to do this to figure out if it's something I want to keep doing, but I figure I might as well not keep it a secret. So if you've managed to find your way over here, be sure and drop me a line in the comment area so I can figure out how many people have an interest in reading this.

2 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As for concentrating, all I can say is, when I really did not want to finish my GIS lab today, I only focused on it after realising I had to do it, throwing a minor fit, then just sitting down and doing it. Your mileage may vary.

Hallelujah! Facial Hair February is over in less than two hours!

Perhaps you should refrain from mentioning that there are things you can't mention in a blog... it only serves to make people curious...

Another criticism: if you're flying faster than you can think, couldn't that be classified as a bad thing?

*getting you back for the comments on my blog*

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good deal on getting a blog. Glad you decided to open it up "to the public." Ruth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home