Monday, March 07, 2005

Smackin'

In the MP3 Player:
Smackin' by Rufus Tree
http://cdbaby.com/mp3lofi/rufustree-11.mp3 (low quality sample)
Now, where's a wall? (This song is a perfect fit for my weekend)

The exam went well, but I think I earned it considering, except for a couple of exceptions like running sound for church and other small diversions, I spent my entire day Sunday studying for it (actually, I even studied while doing sound, it's kind of hard to stay focused when hearing the same sermon for the third time anyway). Actually, between those other distractions and studying, I was up for over 20 hours on Sunday. But the exam went better than expected and I'm now scheduled to take a longer, harder version of the same on Wednesday afternoon and I'm paying $65 to do it (it'll be an official FAA Written Exam this time around). Now I'm relaxing at work and, with my flight for tonight cancelled, just taking the day off. Which brings to mind a sidenote: I'll be eating dinner at Earhart at 7:30 if anyone wants to join me.

Now, to answer some of the questions Rebecca raised previously:
-About the mentioning things I can't mention stuff, please bear in mind that this is my first foray into the blogging world and I haven't yet decided how much I want to be telling people. Part of that equation is in having a general idea who my readers are, but I don't really have that info at present (this is yet ANOTHER HUGE HINT that you people should be COMMENTING, even if you're just dropping a line to say you were here). Some people will read my posts and know exactly what I'm talking about, while others will read the same posts and walk away slightly curious. While I'm not malicious and will try to keep those comments fairly limited, I don't think there's anything wrong with being curious (and don't give me any trouble about curiosity and felines; I was never a big fan of cats anyway). If you find yourself more curious than not, you either don't know me all that well or I haven't been tailoring my posts for the right audience (this would be because I don't know who you are, in case you missed the first HINT).
-"Think fast, fly faster" is a sort of personal motto for me. "Couldn't that be classified as a bad thing?" (-Rebecca) Quite the opposite actually, when you get into an emergency situation, you often don't have time to sit down and weigh the pros and cons of your various options. This thought extends beyond flying and into other areas of life, however. The idea of thinking fast and flying faster means that when something happens (insert colorful metaphor of choice; one about excrement and a fan fits nicely), you have to be so good at what you do that you don't need to think, you just do the correct action by instinct.

In other news, we finally figured out our transportation plans down to Big Break. We'll have 8 people spread between Katie's Intrepid and Mike's Aztec. This will work well because of our plan to have two people on duty at all times in each vehicle (driver and navigator, whose real duty is to keep driver awake); so with 8 people, that means we'll have two full crews on duty and two off at all times, so everyone will be decently well rested (it's not unrealistic for us to anticipate getting more sleep on the way there than those on the bus). I've got Dustin working on our route and Tiller (my loyal right-hand man from the Deep South) giving us traffic/construction advisories so we get the best route possible.

That's it for now. I'll leave you with a question; as I prepare for Big Break, I'm trying to think of what I need to remember to pack. Is there anything I should bring that isn't glaringly obvious to remember (obvious would include things like sunglasses, a towel, sandals, etc)?

4 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhhhh... sunscreen (probably blaringly obvious)... clean underwear... clothes... Bible... I probably shouldn't post things to bring because that limits what the people who maybe should be commenting can say (and since I have been commenting, this probably doesn't help much). So I will leave it there.

Thanks for answering the questions. Now it's much clearer. And yes, I understand this is your first excusion into using your own blog. All will be forgiven... well, so long as doing so is fair. But in this case it is so you have nothing to worry about it.

And now I myself have to study for a test...

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and lest I forget - TOOHPASTEThat'd be a bad one to forget. Your dentist would never let you live it down.

 
At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your test went well :)
~kathy

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow I'm famous enough to get mentioned in you blog. OH and something that you might want to pack a can opener, you never know when you will need a can opener.
Dustin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home