Thursday, March 10, 2005

T-minus 1 Day!

In 23 hours from this post, our caravan will set out for Panama City Beach. My only class on Friday was cancelled, so I'll be able to spend the day catching up on sleep, laundry, and packing.

I went to see a demonstration of the Honda Asimo (http://www.asimo.honda.com/) humanoid robot today. I have to admit, it’s quite an amazing display of technological progress. The 4 foot robot was able walk, turn (while walking, which is quite a feat), sidestep, balance on one foot, kick a soccer ball, even climb and descend stairs! There will be one more demonstration of it on Saturday, so if you are still around I'd highly recommend it.

For those of you who don't already know, Cru is going to be doing a big EveryStudent (http://www.everystudent.com/) push during Easter Week. We'll be wearing bright red shirts that say EveryStudent.com from Wednesday-Friday and having a couple of free showings of The Passion on campus. I've been appointed the shirt order guy, so that's kept me busy recording new orders as they come in. We're now up to over 200 shirt orders and Ryan Speicher (Cru staff) should be picking up about 400 shirts today or tomorrow morning. We still haven't exactly figured out how we are going to distribute them to everyone, but we'll figure it out in time.

So Meghan and Cindy (John's and Eddie's girlfriends, respectively) have gotten it into their heads that my being the only single guy left in our suite is a problem that needs to be remedied. Knowing them, I think it wise to discourage that notion. To quote Bill Jack of Worldview Academy, "Everybody look at me and say [nods]: no." The good news is; it's reasonable to believe that they are in the very least, mostly joking, so it shouldn't become an issue. You could say that I think of their matchmaking skills just slightly higher than those of a certain infamous A.F. from back in my ECC/SCF days. If you know who I'm talking about, you're likely chuckling with your newfound understanding of my meaning, if you don't know who I'm talking about, well, you'll probably live a longer happier life for it. Just kidding...sort of. ;)

This may be my last post before Big Break. So please be praying that God will work in the hearts of those we talk with and for our safety during the trip. When I get back I'll be sure to give you a summary of how it went. BTW, if you're going to Big Break (or have gone in the past) join my Big Break Facebook group. Now I have to close the library and head back to Earhart for some dinner (gotta love a job that lets you chat, surf, and blog whilst on duty).

1 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bro,
check your Y! OLM's, i told you the Shearer stuff about I65, i'll get Rich's after class. LOVE THE BILL JACK QUOTE! you really can't get it if you don't know him...
The Last Laugh! Be Seeing You!
Till-Billie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home