Wednesday, June 01, 2005

My Namesake Cometh

Alternate Title: We’re All Dead

Well, it looks like Grand Moff Tarkin (the real one, not me) isn’t nearly as dead as we thought. How do I know, you might ask? Simple: he’s coming. Here. Earth. Now.

And why would I offer such a silly proposition? Well, maybe reality is closer to sci-fi than we all thought. (I offer photographic evidence later.)

What you are about to see may disturb you. Actually, it probably should disturb you, considering the end of the world is nigh and all that. Sorry, I don’t have an exact timetable for you, but I expect it will be sometime soon.

[Side Note]
Your chances of being able to down a few pints, eat a few peanuts, and thumb a ride on a passing flying saucer with an old friend you just discovered was actually from a small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse (and not from Guildford, England, as you long thought) are about nil. So unless you just so happen to possess an Improbability Field Generator (in which case you need to give me a call ASAP), it would probably be best if you were to lie down and place a paper bag over your head as the deadline nears.
[/Side Note]

NASA recently released the following photo taken by the Cassini probe orbiting Saturn. This picture was taken in the visible light spectrum at a distance of 1.3 million miles from the subject. The rings in the foreground are those of Saturn. Except for the magnified comparison section (covering an otherwise completely black area of the image), I have not edited or altered this picture in any way. Allow me to emphasize again that this is a real image from Cassini.



As you can see, we clearly have a major problem on our hands.

In truth, the item in the picture is actually Saturn’s moon Mimas (247 miles in diameter), so there isn’t much immediate threat. (However I still want a call if you have an Improbability Field Generator at your disposal)

Coming in a few days: More updates of our trip, including a giant picture of what I’ve coined “America’s Leveling Line,” which we visited today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home