Friday, July 29, 2005

Birthday!

As of 12:06am this morning, I'm 21 years old! Won't be doing much celebrating though; I have about 4+ hours of class today. Flying from 11-1 and then Ground from 2-4ish (I'll probably get out around 4:30 or 5). Then Dave, Roxy, and Sara (Uncle, Aunt, and newly adopted Guatemalan cousin) are coming to spend the night. Saturday I have class from 11-2 and then at 3 is the birthday party. I sent out an email invitation, but if you feel you should have gotten that invitation and I somehow missed you, give me a call and I'll tell you the details.

In other news, my checkride has now been scheduled. There's good news and bad news. The good news is that the examiner is Dennis Carvela, whom my instructor says is the guy you want if you're getting a checkride at Dupage FSDO. The bad news is he's gone the entire week that I was targeting for my checkride, and I leave for school the week after; so we had to schedule the checkride far earlier then I think I'll be ready for. It's now set for August 5th (ONE WEEK) at 9:00am. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE be praying for me. I will have to go to class multiple times a day nearly every day this week to even be close to being ready. It dwarfs the Instrument and Commercial checkrides I had this spring in difficulty, and you regular readers remember how insane that was. I'm just going crazy with the pressure of it all. Please pray for time to study, memory to remember everything, confidence when I'm with the examiner, quick and clear thinking, and for me to finally understand/apply these teaching skills I'm trying to learn.

1 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

And good luck on the checkride. I will definitely be (and have been) praying for you. What can I say, but BE ENCOURAGED!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home