Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Not good, not good at all...

Last I posted, I was in the midst of installing the new parts for my computer. When I turned it on for the first time, it seemed ok, but the next day it wouldn't start. I finally got it to start and it worked for a while, then stopped again. I figured that my motherboard was defective, so I started the RMA process and sent it away just before leaving for Minnesota. Well, I finally got my replacement motherboard today and BAM, nothing happened. Yep, it wasn't the motherboard that was defective, it was the processor. Now I need to send the processor in for an RMA replacement, and the soonest I'll get it back is probably the end of next week(but I have something I really needed the compy to do this Friday night, so I'm in big trouble).

Yeah, and the Lappy's still in the shop (somewhere in Kentucky), so I'll be lucky if I can get it back before classes start (when I really need it for classes). Even when I get it back it'll probably be a while before it's ready to go online. Basically this all means I will probabaly not have a working computer to my name for the next two weeks (I should be able to borrow my roommate's computers for email, but if you need to get a hold of me the only reliable way is going to be my cell). grrr...

To top it all off I'm frantically packing to move back to Purdue on Wednesday and, although I'm making progress, I'm not making enough of it to feel like I'm getting anywhere. I still have a mile-long to-do list (seems like the more I get done the more gets added to the list) and some things on it would get done a lot faster if only I had my compy working.

grrrr.....

1 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Dang, Shawn! I was hoping you'd be at church on Sunday!! Better be there this Sunday or else!!! I'll be praying for your compys...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home