Monday, September 04, 2006

150

Wow, post number 150. I've had 19,104 hits since I started tracking in April 2005, and over 76,200 page views (mostly for the M4 review, of course). Wow. 'nuff said.

Good news! I've just received word that the Lappy is finally repaired and about to be shipped back to me!!! If they ship it tomorrow, I'll probably get it Wednesday or Thursday. If they didn't re-image the hard drive, I should be up and running at full strength by the time classes start on Monday (it'll take me a couple of days to finish the stuff I was working on when I sent it off for repairs and get my essential data loaded onto it). w00t!

Scott's wedding was absolutely amazing yesterday (Scott Carrington, my former roommate, not my brother Scott)! Outside on the side of a hill in beautiful weather while the sun began to set over one of the few lakes in Indiana in the background. Instead of focusing on traditions and the marriage itself, they made prayer and dedicating the union to God a huge part of the ceremony (at one point, they had the couple that mentored them come up and huddle with Scott, Rita, and the pastor while they prayed for about 10 minutes on stage with the microphones off, so we just sat in silence). And to top it all off, it wasn't even 40 minutes start to finish!

It was like a Quad reunion at the reception; Andy and Bob were there (former roommates of Scott and my cell group leaders freshman year) along with their wives. So were Mike and Hope, Pat (one of the guys who lived in SW225 the year before I came), Sean, Shane, Chip, Adam, Eddie, Cobb, etc. Yeah, we had a lot of fun.

I spent the night at Buddy's Playhouse (home of Buddy and Leeann Pollock, Chip's parents) with Chip, Bliggy, Shane, Amy, and Rachel. We pretty much all collapsed when we got there, but not before Luna (Chip's black lab) decided that Bliggy was the first person she didn't like, ever (she changed her mind once he changed out of his nice clothes). This morning we got up, and after some Krispy Kreme's and playing with Luna for a while, we decided to brave the not-so-cold air (at least, I thought it was nice, others were cold) and head out on the jet ski. They'd already taken two of them out of the water, so we had to take turns on the only one left. I took Rachel out for a ride while she kept a death grip on me (we only *almost* tipped once!), then later on I sat in back and held on for my own life as I taught her how to drive it. I rode with Chip on the way back in the TransAm convertible he talked his dad into lending him for a week (I'm beginning to sense a trend, every time Chip and I drive home together from a weekend event (all 2 of them), we spend almost the entire time having a deep discussion about the same subject. Different variations, but always the same subject...lol)

I know what I want for Christmas! Yeah, ok, so it may be a bit early to be thinking about Christmas, but how supremely cool is this? That's right, an official, Boeing-licensed, Lego model of the 787 Dreamliner (with a 27" wingspan!). If I hadn't just spent so much money on the Compy (and soon will be spending more, because I'm going to return the mobo for a different make/model that's more expensive, and hopefully, more reliable), I'd go out and buy it right now. Sadly, I'm simply too broke to display this thing on the top of my desk just yet (*hint* unless of course, some reader is feeling really generous today! *hint* jk)

Ok, that's it for now. Post #150 signing out...

3 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Shawn, darlin' I'd get you one of those Lego thingies, but I'm a broke college student now. Peace...

 
At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, what do you and Chip keep talking about "we spend almost the entire time having a deep discussion about the same subject. Different variations, but always the same subject...lol"? Inquiring minds want to know :).

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, you somewhat got the Aviation Bug... It's not in the severe state, but you have it, nonetheless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home