Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Facebook

Yet another nice day weather wise (not quite as nice as yesterday, but close). :) I wasn’t able to get any flight slots though, so I’m stuck on the ground. Nothing really important happened today, so I thought I’d share the joys of Facebook with those of you who don’t have it. Basically Facebook is a website that allows you to make yourself a profile (with your real name instead of an alias) and then connect to your friends from your school. It’s limited to people at your school and uses your @purdue.edu (or whatever school you’re from) email address to confirm you are actually a student there. You can join groups of people with common interests, search for your friends, “poke” people, message them, there’s even a capability to link to friends from other schools if they have Facebook there. It was started by a group of Harvard grad students and has since grown really big, even including about half of the Purdue student body. It's proven really useful for me because I've been able to use it to get contact information for people I wouldn't otherwise have (including helping us get the information needed to distribute Everystudent.com shirts on time a couple of weeks ago). So, for those of you who aren’t already on Facebook, here’s a link that will allow you to view my profile:
Click here for my Facebook

In the morning (weather permitting) I'll be making a cross-country flight to Mount Comfort, IN, which is just outside Indy. Hopefully the weather will continue to be nice so that I can get my flying done on time.

2 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, I wonder if that could possibly be directed at someone... all I can say is I hope I'm not the only one. Interesting to see What About Bob? on your movies list. That movie rocks.

-Rebecca

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Do you mean Cross-County? Or cross State? It doesn't look to me like you're leaving Indiana, how can if be cross-country?
Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home