Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Postponed

Well, my checkride isn't going to be this Friday. I've been working all day every day on lesson plans and studying and it's just not going to work. Also, the Piper Arrow at my flight school recently made a landing without its nose gear, so it's been down for repairs the last couple of weeks and that's seriously hurt my ability to prepare. After much debate on my options, I called the examiner and talked to him about rescheduling. Luckily, he has the reputation as being the nicest (not easier than anyone else, just nicer) examiner at DuPage FSDO (Flight Standards District Office) and he had heard about the Arrow, so he was willing to work with me. He's supposed to be out of town next week, but he was able to reschedule something he had on Friday, August 12th and put me down for then. So I now have exactly one extra week to prepare for my checkride, and that will hopefully make the crucial difference between passing and failing for me. So please be praying for me all this next week that I will be able to get flight time in (good weather), that I will be able to finish my lesson plans, that I will be able to hone my teaching skills, and that I will be able to dedicate enough time to studying. Basically my life will be consumed with this for yet another week.

Because of all this CFI stuff, I probably won't be moving back to school until Sunday the 14th or Monday the 15th, so my apologies to all of you who were planning on seeing me sooner.

Today is my brother's 19th birthday, so we're just about to leave for Red Lobster to celebrate. As a warning in case I don't get to update again before the checkride, I likely won't be answering my phone most of next week. I might be able to squeeze a few short calls in this weekend, but I'll basically be going incommunicado until after the checkride. That said, please don't hesitate to call and leave a voicemail, I'll be sure to return calls once the checkride is over. If it's an emergency, say so in your voicemail and I will call back at the earliest opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home