Monday, March 27, 2006

Don't Be So Impatient

I know, I know; it’s been eight days since I returned from Freiburg and I still haven’t started blogging about it. Relax. This last week was miserably busy and what little free time I’ve had has been dedicated to exams, collecting pictures from the team so I can give them DVDs with all the pictures, preparing for our presentation on the trip at Cru on Friday, and other things (I didn’t even get to try to fight my jet lag or catch up on sleep until Saturday when I slept for 12 hours straight!).

The exams are over (one went very well, the other not so well) and I’m almost done collecting pictures for the DVDs, then I’ll finally be able to blog about the trip. What I’m going to do in the meantime is start making some outlines of what I want to cover and maybe even get some pictures online (Facebook for sure and maybe a Flickr album for the general public because I won’t have the patience to put many pictures on the blog here.

All told the team took over 2700 pictures during the trip, of which a little over 900 are mine. I’m in the process of stitching together the panoramas and deleting a lot of the duplicates (when you’re flat on your back on cobblestone pavement trying to take hand-held ¼ second exposure shots of a gothic cathedral, you’re going to take a lot in hopes that one or two turn out) for the final DVD and it looks like that’ll drop the number of shots I put on the disc down to about 550. It’s been really cool to look back through the pictures because they really bring a lot of the memories to life and we got some really good shots along the way.

One piece of good news before I go; my summer project packet finally came via email on Friday, so now I have a lot more information about what to expect. My other big project for this week (other than blogging the trip and much more important) is getting my support letter together and beginning to mail it out to pretty much everybody. If you want one and don’t think I have your address, please send me an email or give me a call.

1 Comments:

At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just thought I'd tell you that today is the one-year anniversary of your counter. 16,391 I’m impressed…

 

Post a Comment

<< Home