Monday, May 01, 2006

One Down

Had my hardest final this morning. It covered I've learned this year about the systems of the Boeing 727. That's a lot of material (the review guide I made that covered pretty much everything was 69 pages long, 12pt font, single spaced). Even Prof Young was impressed at the size and completeness of it (I've joked with Kevin and a couple others about selling it to next year's juniors). The bad news is I know that I got at least 5 questions wrong out of 82, and I needed to get 77.6 right to get an A in the class. IF I didn't get any more wrong than that (so I'm only a point or two away from an A), I might try talking Prof. Young into giving me the extra points based on the amount of effort that went into that 69 page study guide. Yeah, a long shot I know, but it might work.

The good news is that despite the fact that I only stopped studying to sleep for 3 hours last night, I was able to get in a hour long nap after the test before I came into work that felt like it was 2 or 3 hours itself. Yeah, that felt good.

I now only have to finish the take-home final for 329 and have a final on Wednesday afternoon (shouldn't be too bad) and then I'm done. Not leaving until Saturday, so I'll be able to relax and hang out with friends a little bit without the stress of studying.

The Lappy's still dying (something in the graphics subsystem is on the fritz, I'm getting corruption on boot even before it trys to load Windows). For a couple of days I was able to get it into XP once every 15 boots or so, but even then it wouldn't last very long before crashing into a BSOD again. I think Friday was the last time I was able to get it into Windows, so it is a progressive failure. I'm just hoping I can keep it running on Safe Mode (like it is now) until the end of the week when I get home and ship it off to Toshiba for warranty repair.

Now, back to other things (like catching up on the news in the world, continuing to make progress on the Freiburg stuff, working on the take-home final for 329, etc)...

2 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger Amy said...

You need to post your Frieburg stuff pronto so that I have something to read at work.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Amy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home