Monday, April 18, 2005

Ode to a Chiropractor

Dr. G, Dr. G,
oh how I miss thee!

When my back’s out of place,
you fix it with grace.

When my neck’s out of whack,
you crack it right back.

Yeah, so my burst of poetic inspiration above means one of two things:
A) I, like my grandfather, am turning into a bit of an eccentric poet in my old age.
B) While shooting video for our creative date the other night, I was tumbling off a couch and landed backwards on my neck with my body rolling over me, messing up my neck and upper spine and making us think I might be seriously injured. We don’t think that there’s anything seriously wrong at this point, but my upper back does ache. This problem is probably only compounded by the fact that I haven’t seen my chiropractor since January (when I was last home).

Things continue to be EXTREMELY busy with the schedule I talked about a few days ago. I just don’t have enough time to get it all done. Pray that I have extraordinary amounts of energy to keep up this pace with little sleep for the next couple of days.

That’s all folks!

4 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This reminds me... gotta figure out some way to get my dad to a chiropractor (he could use it, but is stubborn and doesn't want to go). Hmmmm :strokes chin:

Hope you survive the next week or so. Here's to all the people who don't make it through dead week each year - RIP.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Hmmmm...your poem needs a little work, but it shows great promise. We can expect great things from you! ;)

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your poetry is really good! Maybe I inherited the gift from you! There are times when mine is so corny that I think I should quit while I am behind.

We look foreword to your blogs.

During my army days when I was courting grandma, our blogs consisted of letters (snail mail). We started to type them up but got discouraged and quit. Don't know what the level of interest is in ancient history today.

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm... Interesting poem... I think you've gotten better at writing them since then.

Your grandpa is hilarious! So that's where you got your humor! Does he have an evil mind and loves to pull pranks, too? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home