Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Thanks Chris

Well, my visit to PUSH (the student health center) to check on my back went well today. They had the sports doctor take a look at it to make sure that there weren't any injuries to be concerned about from that flight-from-the-couch you saw in the blooper reel video. Yeah, I actually did get hurt then (for those of you who thought it was a joke).

I landed on the back of my head, which snapped forward farther than normal as my weight shifted from the back of my neck to the top of my spine and my whole body continued to roll over the top (prolonging the time that all my weight was on that point). Nothing stopped working or turned numb, but it did hurt quite a bit and we were concerned for a while. I was fortunate to receive some treatment for it at Cru on Friday however. My friend Chris Lindsay from Windsor happens to be really good at back rubs and when she heard about it immediately started working on my back as we were standing there talking. She could tell that the muscles in my back were pretty messed up, but I was otherwise fine as best as she could tell. The next day I woke to find that the pain had subsided to being almost non-existent thanks to her help. Then Sunday night she worked on it for another couple of minutes at Prayer and Praise.

When I saw the doctor today I told him about the impact and after he tested my mobility a little bit he agreed with her assessment that I was fine. Said I probably strained some muscles in my back and some of the ligaments in my neck, but that it was nothing to be concerned about. Thanks Chris!

In other news, I need to get studying, so that's all for tonight. However, I will tell you that in a few days I'll update with a massive link frenzy, featuring plenty of silly and entertaining videos (and a couple of useful/useless/idiotic websites) to keep you from having to use your brain for hours (well, maybe not quite that long) at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home