Friday, June 17, 2005

John Calvin, Batman Begins, (And My Trip Ends)



Yes folks, what you see is real…there actually exists a John Calvin bobble head (Natalie owns this one).

Our appointments went well overall on Thursday. We had a couple of problems because there might be some regulatory hoops to jump through in Indiana we haven’t encountered in any other states, but I don’t think that it’ll be too much trouble. Thursday night we got back to Indy, went to dinner, and then had the rest of the evening off.

I was able to meet Natalie at her house about 9:15 and meet her family. Then we headed over to the theater to see Batman Begins. It was excellent; I highly recommend it to those who are even passing fans of the Dark Knight. We are both fans of the cartoon (especially Batman Beyond), so it was a lot of fun. Then we went to Steak ‘n Shake (naturally) for a couple hours and had a blast. BTW, this is an FYI announcement that we discussed for this fall: Unless something else comes up between now and then, we are planning a big hang out at Steak ‘n Shake after the Cru Call Out/Kick Off the first Friday of the semester. The general plan is for a whole bunch of us (usual After Cru movie night group, Cary/Windsor people, and anyone else who wants to come) to meet there and have a good time (simple enough, right?). Oh, yeah, one more thing: the price of admission for those of us with cars is that we need to bring freshmen along with us so they can start getting to know people right away. Doesn’t really matter how you get them there (ideas: inviting them nicely, bribing them, hog-tying them in the trunk, or, as always, DUCT TAPE), just so long as they come.

Natalie and I at the end of the night:



BTW, my apologies to Kathy and anyone else in the Indy area that I didn’t try calling, although you can blame the Facebook in this case. I used the new “Where your friends are going to be this summer” and “Where your friends are from (hometown)” visualizations, and apparently they aren’t all that great. Sorry Kathy, despite your profile clearly saying you’re from Indy, when I clicked on the little bubble listing people from Indy, your name didn’t come up. Sorry again, I wish I could’ve seen you.

Friday we had one more payment seminar (appointment) and then we hit the road back to Chicago. David caught his flight out of Midway and we went home. Tomorrow I have my first lesson in my course to become a flight instructor, which will probably turn into a 4+ day/week class plus LOTS of homework.

Edgar just finished his time on the Burke, so he should get back sometime on Sunday. Watch his blog (link in the right column) for an update talking about the trip and (hopefully) pictures. Welcome back to Rebecca, who's been away for a month working. Do you live anywhere near the quakes that we've been hearing about on the news? (her blog is also linked to on the right for those of you who are interested)

3 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy again. Nope, I don't live anywhere near the quakes (those are in the other part of California - ie. the Southern part). Lucky you got to see Natalie... I guess now that I'm back I can actually use email to get in touch with her... (it is a little weird having to readjust to using the internet... five weeks of summer practicum/field camp in the middle of nowhere does this sort of thing) Another blog entry is on its way!

As for the freshmen, maybe I will have better duct tape by then. *insert evil laugh here*

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Edgar "I Love Shakespeare" Williford said...

Yeah, I'm back from the Arleigh Burke, and I am trying to update my blog. I am also putting pictures up on my photosite, ewilliford.photosite.com. It is a slow process, telling stories about my trip, because I have to decide what the Navy doesn't mind me telling everyone. So keep tuned for updates.

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The next time you're in Southern Indy and have time to visit people, you have to hit me up, too! Miss Beltz and I can't live that far from each other because our high schools were pretty close to one another.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home