Friday, July 13, 2007

New (used) Car

Hey folks, just a quick little update before I leave town for a few days (going to Lafayette to visit people there Saturday and Sunday and then onto Indy to see Kathy Monday-Wednesday). I bought a car! It's a 2000 Honda Accord EX with 93,000 miles and practically in new condition. The downside is that it's a stick shift (which I find annoying), but I was able to get a really good deal for the car because it had been on the lot for 45 days and nobody wanted a stick! I actually paid less for it than Kelly Blue Book said such a car would be worth in "Good" condition from a private party seller (and it was definitely in excellent condition from a car dealership). Here are some pictures (to appease the people who absolutely demanded that I post pics):

Head-on:

Car Ad-style shot:
Cru sticker and, just to make me feel old, Purdue alumni license plate holder (a graduation gift from my wonderful girlfriend):

Interior (with that blasted manual transmission!):

Oh-yeah!!!

I figure I have enough room for at least two bodies in here:

And finally, one last extra touch I got at the Mall of America...

Anyway, I've got a lot to get done before I get on my train out of town later today, so I've got to end my post without the usual deluge of random links and news from my boring life at home (hmm, well, no need for an update then, the word "boring" really about sums it up). Still no news about when training for Big Sky will start, I don't think they've set the August class date yet.

Ok, fine! If you're going to demand my random links so much, here's a couple of car-related ones:

Watch the video on this one, it's insane!
1993 Lincoln Mark VIII Rolling Door Concept Car

W00t for Photoshop!
(at least, I hope these are Photoshopped, otherwise I WANT ONE!!!)

And, just because it's so supremely cool, here's one that's not car related (watch the video all the way through, the really awesome part comes near the end):
Music generated by the sparking of a Tesla Coil

And for you aviation buffs:
Insane 747 landing at St. Maarten

Ok, that's it for today, later everyone!

7 Comments:

At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two bodies easy... and 6 if you kill midgets.

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Something tells me that "anonymous" is someone I know... otherwise he has an impersonator...

Very nice car, and amazing find on such a good deal. I hope it stays in much better shape than your last car for a good long time. Hey, you're driving something with mirrors that aren't held on with tape! Congrats! I like the stickers too.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I don't like the license plate....where is your old one?

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Leah said...

Nerd.
:)
Good to see ya yesterday.
:)
BLAH!!!

 
At 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a very distinct difference, Rebecca, between you and I. See you don't know who "Anonymous" is, and I in fact, do.

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Could it be... a grand moff?

 
At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well "Anonymous" is not me, as I've never checked out Shawn's blog before. I can't even spell Anonymous right. I'd have to look it up, copy and paste, and that'd take forever. Everyone knows I'm lazy.

I just like to make off the wall comments like the "ad-style" picture not being the correct angle. For it to be the ad-style, the height of the picture is about right, but you need more side view to be an accurate advertising image. You need more of a 3/4 view, not a 1/4 as this depicts. Oh well.

Enjoy your new car, stick shift transmissions are fun once you learn how to drive em. Think of it this way, you will always hit the exact gear you want, every single time.

And as always, if your car ever breaks down, you can trust the people from your local NAPA Auto Care facility to get you up and running in no time. NAPA. Get the Good Stuff (tm).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home