Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A View From The Bus

So, I've got some bad news:

My trip to Lafayette and Indianapolis is over.

I'm currently sitting on a Metra train pulling out of Ogillve (sp?) Station in downtown Chicago on my way to Geneva, where I'll pick up my car and drive the last couple of miles home. The picture is of the view out the window as my bus arrived in Chicago a half-hour ago.

My trip was fantastic. I really enjoyed seeing my friends in Lafayette and getting some quality time with them (something I've definitely been missing as I sit at my basement desk all day, every day), as well as seeing some of the people at my church who've really become family over the last four years.

After a couple of days in Lafayette, I got on a train down to Indy to spend a few days with Kathy. We spent Monday visiting Purv (my former roommate) and riding his horses, then spent Tuesday relaxing at her house, and finished our visit today with a trip to the Indianapolis Zoo (where she's working this summer).

Ok, that's enough of an update for now, I'm tired of typing on my cell phone (and only lasted this long thanks to Windows Mobile and t9 Text Entry). I think I'll just spend the rest of the ride missing everybody...

3 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well then, just be mopey why don't ya?

And you should really update my url; that hasn't been a valid link for nearly two years...

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No fair.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Y-y-y-ou w-w-were h-h-h-here and n-n-now y-you're GONE!!!!
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!
*sobs uncontrollably*
All this from someone who isn't a drama queen...
http://www.xanga.com/notsecondbest
-T.C.A.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home