Saturday, September 22, 2007

Curveball Thrown

As of this evening, I no longer have a sim partner. They decided to wash her out of the program and we aren't really sure what's going to happen with me. I'm still in the program, but they're in the process of deciding if I'm going to join the other crew here in Greeley (who are a day ahead of me) or head down to Denver to join the First Officer crew starting there tomorrow (or a 3-person Captain crew there). It sounds like they're planning on keeping me here (which is good, because I don't have to suddenly repack all of my stuff and abandon $50 worth of food I bought), but it's still going to be really hard to stay on track. Our instructors have been talking for weeks about how important it is to get a rhythm going with your partner (which we were just beginning to get) and now I both don't have a partner and I'll be interrupting the rhythm of another crew.

Basically, it's going to be a lot harder for me from here on out. So yeah, I need a lot of prayer. I need to be able to catch up to the other guys and develop a rhythm with each of them very quickly and still be learning all this new stuff in the sim (at the moment, I'm halfway through). Please pray also for Melanie, she seems to be taking it well, but I don't know if it's really sunk in yet for her. So yeah, a curveball's been thrown at my sim training and I'm really going to have to amp up my game to stay in it.

3 Comments:

At 1:03 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Ouch. Good luck, my friend. Although I don't know if you'll need it all that much :)

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well Shawn, life is full of many challanges. Knowing how you react to pressure gives me great confidence in your coming through this training just fine(you never thought grandpa was observing you while growing up!). Having said that, we will continue to uphold you in prayer.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Roxanne said...

We'll be praying for you Shawn.
I was reading some of your past blogs and thought that Fried Spaghetti sounded good--could I please get the recipe? Sarah would probably LOVE it--Sam, well, he is definitely a carnivore. We had steak today and Dave spent most of the meal cutting up steak for him--medium rare, of course!LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home