Thursday, May 05, 2005

#3 Finished

Today’s (Wednesday) final in Air Traffic Control went ok. I’m not too worried about my grade in the class, but I did try to study a good amount for it last night and this morning before the exam. About half the test was really easy and about half wasn’t, but I think I did pretty well. Wait, ahhhh, the grade just came online. I didn’t do as well as I thought, but I should be able to make up for it on the lab final for the class in the morning. I only have to get a 65% on that to keep my A in the class.

Things are not looking so good for my commercial checkride on Friday. I only have one flight left before it (tomorrow morning), but there’s just so much material to cover for the oral. Pray that I’ll be able to study like crazy without being distracted and that my recall will be good.

On another subject, the Cary/Windsor Study Break party was fun. Everyone seemed to be in a little bit of a haze from sheer exhaustion though. That’s one of those times where if something had really jumpstarted the party, it would have gone really late because everyone would have been crazy/giddy/tired, but there wasn’t that sort of catalyst so it died out after only a few hours. Don’t get me wrong, the party was still a lot of fun (especially some crazy moments in French Charades), I just wish we hadn’t been all so tired.

Finally, before I collapse from sheer exhaustion, I think I was wrong about my recent contact with Perelandra. I had thought there was a reasonably strong connection established, but now I’m beginning to think there was a transmitter malfunction on the other end and it was just transmitting when it shouldn’t have been. I should have one more chance to try to get it to work before I head home, but if a link isn’t established I’ll just have to wait until next semester to try again. Oh well, it’s a little frustrating, but such is life and it’s the least of my concerns with the checkride looming.

If anyone knows of any fun stuff going on Friday night, let me know. I’ll hopefully be done with the checkride and looking for a way to unwind. I’ll spend most of Saturday packing and should head home sometime late Saturday afternoon.
Goodnight all.

1 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perelandra?

Well, I hope that checkride goes well. I'm praying for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home